8.20.2009

another post about cake...

After writing about all the birthday cakes I've made for my girls and looking at those pictures, I really had a taste for some cake. Actually, I had a taste for some good buttercream frosting!
Needless to say, when I found out later that same day that it happened to be National Cupcake Day, it didn't take a lot to convince me that it was imperative for us to celebrate this holiday! Much to my girls' delight, I mixed up and baked some cupcakes while I cooked dinner. Then after dinner, while everyone helped clean up, I made a batch of buttercream and got out some decorating supplies. We each selected one color to tint the icing (we opted for a cool color scheme), I filled three decorator bags, and we went to town!
This was their first time using decorating bags, and they actually did quite well!
(I'm thinking that if we ever do a unit on Greek mythology, we have a perfect Medusa-inspired snack!)
Now that we've had our fun, and we've each enjoyed a cupcake slathered in blue, green, and/or purple buttercream, we sure do have a lot of leftovers...anyone interested???

3 comments:

  1. Okay- that looks like so much fun... but the frosting might be a bit much. LOL. I STILL need to see your bump beds. I think the tormado the other day made me forget about running up there! Oops! Soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought I'd tell ya' that after reading this I decided to make some lemon cupcakes! They weren't as pretty, though!

    ReplyDelete